How does the veterinary behaviour consultation process work?
The first step in addressing any problem behaviour is a full consultation with you and your pet.
To enable continuity of care, each case needs a referral from a GP Vet.
Included in the cost of the consultation:
- Travel time to your house (within our covered area of 1 hour drive from CB11 – which includes Hertfordshire, Essex, Cambridgeshire and North London).
- Full history and clinical examination (if safe to do so and applicable)
- Discussion as to why your pet is behaving the way they are
- Agreement of our mutual aims from the treatment of your pet
- Immediate management solutions to help in the short term
- Formulation of a behaviour modification plan – to suit both your pet and your lives
- If applicable – discussion about pheromones, nutraceuticals and medication* (and prescription if required)
- Any handouts you may need to help you at home
- Treatment plans
- Discussion with your veterinarian
*Medications prescribed are at additional cost.
Although I am happy to discuss your pet by phone and email after a consultation, follow up consultations are usually necessary to support you and your pet through the process.
Initial house call consultation (approx. 2-3 hours): £445.00
Follow up house call consultations (approx. 1 hour): £200
Follow up remote consultations (approx 1 hour) : £175.00
Follow up remote consultation (approx 30 mins) : £100.00
Travel within an hour of CB11 is included in the consultation fee. Consults further afield can sometimes be arranged, but a travel fee will apply.
Dr Julie is a registered Veterinarian, an ABTC certified Veterinary Behaviourist and Clinical Animal Behaviourist, a Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist (ASAB) and a Full Member of the APBC and the FABC. As such, consultations are frequently covered by pet insurance – policies differ so contact your insurer for further guidance.
If you would like some advice before buying a new dog or cat – or want some general advice. Please contact Life on Four Legs to discuss your needs.