How does the veterinary behaviour consultation process work?
The first step in addressing any problem behaviour is a full consultation with you and your pet.
To enable continuity of care, each case needs a referral from a GP Vet. I primarily serve London, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. I can serve Surrey, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire on discussion.
Included in the cost of the consultation:
- Travel time to your house (within our covered area of 1 hour drive from SG6).
- Full history and clinical examination (if safe to do so and applicable)
- Discussion as to why your pet is behaving the way they are
- Agreement of our mutual aims from the treatment of your pet
- Immediate management solutions to help in the short term
- Formulation of a behaviour modification plan – to suit both your pet and your lives
- If applicable – discussion about pheromones, nutraceuticals and medication* (and prescription if required)
- Any handouts you may need to help you at home
- Treatment plans
- Discussion with your veterinarian
*Medications prescribed are at additional cost.
Although I am happy to discuss your pet by phone and email after a consultation, follow up consultations are usually necessary to support you and your pet through the process.
Initial consultation (approx. 2-3 hours): £395
Follow up consultations (approx. 1 hour): £175
Phone consult follow ups (30-60 mins): £95
A travel fee may be charged when driving is over an hour from SG6. A full quotation will be given at time of booking.
- Consultations involving more than one animal in the household (e.g. aggression between two dogs) may be subject to an additional fee due to the extra time taken, this will be explained at the time of booking.
Certain cases may be discussed via Skype/phone. Please get in touch for a quote and to arrange a time.
If you would like some advice before buying a new dog or cat – or want some general advice. Please contact Life on Four Legs to discuss your needs.